If you have been eating as usual and the pounds seem to be
creeping on – you could be a victim of hidden calories.
When we are busy, stressed or focused on something else
we reach for convenient snacks that are usually high in fat.
This unconscious eating will add up to a whole lot of extra calories in the course of a day,or year. This mindless eating is nothing more than a habit that can be broken.
To get this habit under control write down everything you eat
for the next 3 weeks – everything! Be on guard for those times
when you are more susceptible to unconscious eating.
* You find bowls of candy on coworkers’ desks
* Your coworkers bring in doughnuts and pastries
* Office gatherings – where you will always find lots of fatty food
* You’re cooking dinner and sample the food – these calories add up
* Your children don’t eat all their food – you eat that too – more calories
* While talking on the phone – there goes how many cookies?
* When you are worried
* When you are happy
* When you are bored
Advanced Turmeric Dining out:
* You eat the bread that is served before the meal
* You have a drink before your meal
* You eat dessert which you usually don’t do
* Endless party snacks that are full of fat and calories
* Talking while you eat is the easiest way to take in those extra calories
* Then those drinks again – it is easy to stack up the calories
* We are so focused on what we are watching that we pay little attention to how much we are eating.
The first step is to tune in and be aware of those times that you
consume extra calories. Then find ways to avoid them. For
example, how do you avoid the candies on coworkers’ desks?
First become aware of how many calories there are in each candy
and how long it will take to burn off those calories. You will look at the candies differently when you think of them in this light. If high fat snacking is a temptation at work bring some low fat food to keep you full and your hand out of the candy jar. To avoid eating a lot at a party eat a little before you go so you won’t be hungry and tempted to snack on everything you see. As for alcohol, you can delete your drinks with water.
One pound is equal to 3,500 calories. Depending on your gender,
age, muscle mass, and size you need approximately 2000 calories
per day to stay at your normal weight. When you consume more than this amount your body stores the added calories as fat. If you go over your daily requirement then you will have to exercise to get rid of those calories.